Yes, it keeps the memory alive
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but it depresses me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

tirefrust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Not sure why I'm here. Reply with quote

Not sure why I'm here.
No matter how I try to connect, I'm alone.
So here I am talking with complete strangers.
I just watched a program that showed several police "sting" operations where they arrested man after man for connecting with a police officer posing as a minor and talking about sexual things online and then going to what they thought was the girl's house. It's so scary to think that there are so many men out there that will go to such lengths to do things. I'm very afraid. I know I can't go around suspecting every man, judging his thoughts, etc. I just don't feel safe, even at church.
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Tirefrust,

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you found us. Please feel free to talk to us about anything that might come up for you.

I'm not voting on your poll, baiscally because the answer that I'd like to give isn't on it. Yes this site has helped me. It's helped me get the word out. It's helped me tell my story.

It's not keeping the memories alive that it's about. It's more like laying them to rest, not having them interfere with the way I live my life anymore. It's acknowledging what happened and by feeling the pain from the past freeing myself from it, like a lesson learned, an experience that I had, no longer the determining factor in my life.

I'm sorry that the police actions are making you feel more afraid. I'm sure they weren't intended to do that. Personally I don't think putting people in jail is the answer we need, but it seems to be the only answer the people in government are willing to look at. My feeling about it is that it's more of the same, more abuse, more powerstruggle, not less.

I hope this website helps you sort through whatever fears you are going through. Welcome to the forum.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Hi,

Like ivonne, I've gained so much sharing my story, I feel the same as she does, it's help balence my perpective on my history, given me an out with lots of friends and support along the way..

it doen't keep the memories alive, it helpto sort them out and find myself in the present.

liat Wink

Being real brings real results - Liat
Jane_R

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum. I know that part, where everything made me feel more unsafe. It's only one stage of the process, however, and if you do the work of confronting the memories--and more importantly, the feelings that are associated with them (fear, mistrust, anger, betrayal...) then much more comes--love, trust, confidence.

So I voted for the 2nd choice but it wasn't really my choice, either. Healing is possible and that is my real vote, that this site helps (is only one smallish part for me) with healing.

Jane

http://riverofforgetting.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> General Issues All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: