Not sure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomyself
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Not sure Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right area. my revictimization involves me sometimes actually re enacting what happened to me. Do other people actaully act it out or just think about it?
Rollerskates12

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that for me I have replayed it over and over in my head.

Sex is dirty for me and if I admit I like it then I am a pervert. At least that is what I am trying to undo.

I have sought out people that have reminded me of my abusers and tried to gain their approval.

Like my husband is a jerk (to everyone else, not me). For instance.

Is that kinda like what you mean?
PaneraBread
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people act it out without realizing it.

My therapist said the revictimization will stop once we start feeling better about ourselves.

I'm also in a verbally abusive friendship where the person condones my sexual abuser's actions, and it's very hard to leave him.
Bewildered

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that PaneraBread is right in saying that lot of people act it out without realising it.

Although my girlfriend and I have been intimate on many occasions, and although she says she enjoys sex, I often wonder because sometimes it feels as if I'm with a robot.

In 15 years, we've "had sex" many hundreds of times and yet I don't feel as if we've "made love" even once.

Sadly, I don't even think she knows.

Derek
Meena

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have had trouble with reliving my abuse from the past with a current partner. He thought I was kinky. I was triggering so much I thought I was in one of my nightmares. I retreated to a safe place in my head like you do in nightmares when you watch the events unfold without being unduly concerned. However physically, I was spasming and I asked him to hurt me.

I feel awful about this now. It's not who I am, it was the nightmare. He thought I enjoyed it. I enjoyed someone safe being there while I was having my nightmare. It was hugely connecting for me but it must of been awful for him. I dragged him into my nightmare. I don't undertand why I asked him to hurt me. I hope it was because the shock might have woken me up or maybe I just wanted it all to stop.

He never saw me the same again. I always sought his company when I was afraid but he misunderstood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Revictimization All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: