Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
Old habits, new scars ***may trigger***

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you ever think that someone can get over cutting?
no, it stays forever
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
maybe, if you put your mind to it, you can stop
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

ciara
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Old habits, new scars ***may trigger*** Reply with quote

ok. i confess. i used to cut. but the thing is i stopped and didnt even think about ever doing it agian. ever. i didnt want to. but now my best friend is pregnant and has cancer and may die from a fever. i could hold back any longer. i need help and i didnt know how to get it. i cut my arm in front of her. she totally flipped out and got out of her hospital bed. she smacked me to hell and back. when she realized wut she had done, she cut herself too. we just sat there in the hospital room bleeding and crying. wut do i do? im sorry about it but i promised to help her and i couldnt hold back any longer. please help me. Crying or Very sad
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ciara,

it's tough isn't it?

My tip for you is to keep doing what you been doing. There is a number of things you have been doing really well. You couldn't have stopped cutting in the first place if there isn't something you learned and did well.

So more of that! Go back to the skills you learned to stop cutting when you stopped.

The other thing that really seems to work, something you have also been doing: TALK. Talk about what is going on inside you. Talk about the pain that is being touched by your friend being in the hospital. Vent, rage, talk about it, on here or someplace else. I think the only place not to talk about it would be to your friend in the hospital, it seems like when you do that things spiral out of control and, like last night, you both end up cutting yourself... So find people who are willing to listen and talk.

There's a lot of people like that on here and you have found them today, in writing this post. Keep doing that. You are doing allright Ciara, one backslide doesn't mean you've lost it. It means you slipped a little, you can regain your balance.

Remember what I said about taking care of yourself? This is what I was getting at. You need to keep talking about your own issues, you need to make sure you get enough sleep and enough support for yourself, in order to be there for your friend. Put Ciara first... your friend needs you to be okay, you need to be okay...

take good care of yourself... it is not just a saying, I mean it!

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ciara
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok! dont go all protective on me!!! ill take care of myself. im sorry i did it and everything. i wont do it again. Very Happy
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, that's more like it...

grin...

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostandhopeless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,i dont know y she doesnt want u to be protective, ivonne. i think its kinda cute. or funny or something like that.
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's because she knows I warned her about taking good care of herself so she wouldn't backslide...

Grin... I didn't quite tell her I told you so, but I came pretty close...

I'm glad you think it is cute...

Ivonne
lostandhopeless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is. its funny. Laughing Very Happy
Maria13
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Female Survivors All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: