Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
Homeopathic headache relief
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Homeopathic headache relief Reply with quote

I have a pounding headache. I woke up with it. I can't take Tylenol or Nsaids because of my liver and aspirin makes me sick to my stomach. Anybody have any natural cures for a headache besides just riding it out?

I seriously want this thing to be gone, it hurts.
Taubah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my husband ties a scarf or cloth around his head when he has a bad headache or a sinus headache. You maybe can try it? idk.. hugs. i hope it goes away soon.
voiceless and untold.
~Taubah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth a shot. Thanks Taubah.
Terri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetie, I don't know how bad or what triggered your headache but pressure point exercises work in most cases. I do this myself and if I have a migraine I ask a friend to do it.

Check out this site:

http://www.troohealthcare.com/blog/pain-relief/using-pressure-points-for-natural-headache-relief-140

Quote:
One of the most well known pressure points treated to relieve headaches are the temples. By gently applying pressure on and massaging your temples you might be able to alleviate headache pain. You can do this by applying two fingers gently and slowly rotating them in little circles.

There are several pressure points around your neck, which isnít a shock considering the amount of muscles that are in your neck. You can massage many areas to release some of the tension from these muscles. Neck massage is a fairly common technique but there are many other pressure points around the body that are also effective but arenít as familiar to most people.

You can use a pressure point located in your hands to relieve headaches effectively. in the middle of your thumb and forefinger is a pressure point. This lies deep in your hand, not in the webbing. Place your fingers where you can feel your thumb joining the other bones of your hand and squeeze lightly. Breathe deeply and hold this area for around a minute, and you should feel some improvement. A great advantage of this pressure point is it is discreet and easy to do yourself. By placing pressure on this point you can provide yourself relief without it being obvious that you have a headache.

Another area that can make a huge difference in how you feel is right in between your big toe and second toe. To relieve headaches, put your fingertip or one of your knuckles on the base of your foot in between these toes, as close to the toes as you can get, and add pressure. Start gently, and gradually increase pressure.

One thing you really donít want to do with pressure point massage is ever press too hard. Start lightly and keep in mind that you can always apply a little more pressure; if you push too much straight away, you could end up in more pain than you began in. Be gentle and work gradually in order to achieve the best results.
Taubah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TERRI you have all the answers! ROFL MWAH
voiceless and untold.
~Taubah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Terri, I'll try that. I think I'm feeling a little stress but it's nothing I can't handle.
Terri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ... but I'm always natural health conscious! Avoid meds as much as possible. Eat organic and fresh!

The pressure point between the index finger and thumb is my releaser!

I think the scarf gig is a brilliant idea because it would be around the temple pressure points!

Plus, Codie you would look runway model chic! ;o)
Taubah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA
voiceless and untold.
~Taubah
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both of you, I should probably ask my Dr. if there is something he recommends for the really bad ones that is safe for my liver.

And I'm not so sure about the runway chic, I'm afraid I'd look more like a motorcycle mama, lol.
Terri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a momma after my own heart!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> News & Health All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: