Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
I can't talk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: I can't talk Reply with quote

I want to. I know I should. I can't. I can't even write it down, it's like I shut down when I even try. This is crippling me, I'm aware of that I just don't know what to do about it. And I can't go to counseling I can hardly keep a roof over my head at the moment. I think what I need is a catalyst but I don't know what that would be.
Taubah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

relax, stop putting so much pressure on yourself to express something. Relax. if you take a piece of paper and write what is in your head. Doesn't have to do with anything serious, just whatever is in there. start with that. think of nothing and just put pen to paper. Do it everyday or every night before bed if you like. After a while things will form but don't force it. Take it slow and as you would in breathing, softly and whatever comes up. Nothing special... do that until you are comfortable with writing what is in your head at that time.

try it.
voiceless and untold.
~Taubah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kosherpickles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taubah makes a very good point. I started a blog a few years ago, I just keep it private so only I can read it. Its like a journal. Anytime I start feeling pressure and stress from life I go there and write whatever is in my head. Sometimes the things I went through just come out with the rest.
Writing it out and saying it are both very hard to do, it makes them real. When they are in your mind they are there and you know it. When you write it out or say it then its like the whole experience is given a new life.
The best part of that whole scenario is that it also allows you to let it go. Just like people, they come and go in your life. ((hugs)) its hard to talk about these things. Take your time and don't force yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> How to Talk About It All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: