Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
Home
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is home inside or outside?
Inside
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Outside
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What are you talking about?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Home Reply with quote

I dunno where to stick this. I was thinking Family issues or whatever but I don't know if it'd actually go there or not. I don't know but I was just wandering something, where is home? I mean...I am in my home...technically what others call home. I'm in the house I've grown up with, my family is in the living room watching TV. I live here. But I heard a question once. I don't remember from where...I think it was a dream but the question is "Is home inside or outside?" I think that is actually a really good question. It sounds stupid but I think it is a good one.

I think the answer is inside because, to me, I think home is a feeling. A place where you feel safe and loved and warm and cared for. I don't feel like I'm home here. I don't know how to explain it. I don't feel welcome or loved or cared about. It feels like a heavy, cold, stressed place here. The best place I can find in this house is my room and it's filled with the demons of my brother. It's his room. His memory and ghost will always linger there no matter what. But it's the most comfortable place I can find in the house. That's kind of sad.

I can't find home and right now, what I hear in my head is "I want to go home now." And I don't feel like I will find home for a long time. I also do not see a reason to be alive...or here or anything. I just...I feel like life is just a waste of time. Like everything I've done or will do is just nothing. I may just be seriously depressed but I get on the internet and check things and then I sit and stare at my IM list or email or whatever and I just....I don't know. I can't figure it out. I feel like saying anything to anyone would waste their time and mine. But then I just end up sitting here staring That is a waste of time for sure.

I don't know.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kathy joy
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. thats a really good topic. i live alone. and i know this is where i reside. but often times it's not home. they say home is where the heart is. and really the only place i have ever left safe loved wanted and needed was with a foster family. really good family a pastor and his wife i still visit them and the church is the only church i can be at home in. thats a good thought. i guess in my life i'd like to find a new home.
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now home is a ratty apartment I share with my roommates. But it's not about where you live, it's about how you feel when you are there. This is a hole, seriously and that's being generous. But it's home because its where the people who care for me are. And where I feel safe. I don't know anywhere else as home. It's always been somebody else's home, not mine. I just lived there for a while. So to answer your question I guess home is where you feel the best. Wherever that is.
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i only felt kinda...at home a few times...but...yeah. i miss that a lot.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think home is where you can be who you are without having to explain yourself. I voted "Inside" because you can't be home anywhere if you can't be at home with yourself, in my opinion.

Took me a long time to arrive at home with me though. I hear you... It's lonely out there untill you do.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know where my home is though. i just can't be there and if i ever do get to go there, i dont get to stay forever. Sad

Almost scary isn't it?
kathy joy
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's so funny that the heart wants a home. i'm talking about the kind of home you all talked about where you can be your self at all times. and every one accepts you. the good the bad and the ugly. really. it's kind of sad when others only love you when your at your best. and they want to throw you to the dogs when your on the down side. Rolling Eyes
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....it does.

Almost scary isn't it?
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a great song about this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm55NvMNAyk

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna go home, ivonne. i just want to go home. Crying or Very sad

Almost scary isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> General Issues All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: