Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
My counsellor and me..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaleidoscopeeye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: My counsellor and me.. Reply with quote

Hi, I am new here. This is my first post. I was first raped when I was 13 and this continued until I was 16. I think the assaults started when I was three but thankfully can't remember it all. I have had many unsuccesful relationships with men/boys. I am now in my twenties and still cannot get close to males or let them touch me unless I have been taking something or have been drinking. I have a gr8 counsellor, who I have recently started seeing, more as a 'I have to see her' court order thing, due to stuff and self harm episode *sigh*. Anyway sometimes she hugs me and we sit together and she just lets me get close and she holds me. I feel safe and I think it will help me work through my intimacy issues with men. I know it will take a long time but I am working on being able to accept good touch and figure out my boundaries and be the one in control. I think this is one way of helping, having someone you really trust hold you. But you have to want to do it and feel okay about it and the person, whoever it is needs to ask you if it's okay first because otherwise it could feel like another violation...good luck peeps!!
YankeeBob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: welcome to this site. Reply with quote

I like others admire your courage in speaking out.

And seeking to find a new, healthier life.

Fear of Intimacy is a very complex issue. Men have it as much as women do.

You may find it helpful to explore with your counsellor or anyone else you trust the issues of

1) Emotional triggers

and

2) Boundaries.

For myself my emotional triggers were loneliness, boredom and fatigue. Until I came to deal with taking IMMEDIATE HEALTHY ACTION when I was feeling these triggers most of my life was a train wreck.

Does this make any sense for you ?

Take care. Be well.
sedanman

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a 42 year old male. I was abused by a man when I was 5. I am confronting fear of intimacy issues for the first time in my life. I am a virgin as a result of my fears. I was 41 when I sought help. You are further along than you think by getting help now rather than waiting like I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Intimacy Issues All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: