Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
Sueing the abuser?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmcook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Sueing the abuser? Reply with quote

I am the parent of a sa child. Has any family member gone on to sue the abuser? The detective that helped our child's case told us we should think about doing that for the pain and suffering he has caused our family. Just wondering if others have done that or thoughts on doing it, thanks, tmcook
lightandsound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not sue, for it was taken as a criminal act. When I was 21, I spoke to the child protection people about father. Soon after that, he was arrested! He was still abusing!

I guess, this is not really what you are looking for, but well done for being a good mother!
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sueing may bring some satisfaction to your sense of justice. It may help put a stop to further abuse by the same person in the future. As such I would be all for it.

However, the first priority is what your child needs. I think going to court can be a very stressful time and perhaps this is not in your childs best interest. Depending on the age of your child, consider discussing it with him/her and base your decision on what you perceive the need of your child to be.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
germanbella706

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 19 yrs old. I was abused when i was 11 for like 2 yrs.. I am also looking at sueing.. After the abuse took place I was in and out of different treatment centers for about 3 yrs. It hurt me both mentally and physically. During that time I started cutting and overdosing because i felt worthless and I wanted to die because i felt so ashamed of myself. Also, I started being promiscuous and having sex with random guys because I had gotten so use to the attention of having felt wanted cause I have never felt nothing like that before. My family doesnt want me to press charges they just want me to leave it alone. But how can I leave it alone if I still think about it everyday and I still have nightmares from it. So that is why I am looking at other options.. I was wondering if anyone can give me some adcive on what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Court/Legal Issues All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: