Special rules for this forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Suicide/Self-harm/mutilation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annie
S&F Prez
S&F Prez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Special rules for this forum Reply with quote

We realize this forum can be especially upsetting and triggering, so we felt it necessary to add a few rules to our original forum rules. We want this forum to be safe for anyone who comes here, and want you to get the support you are seeking for.

Always remember that to be a part of a forum, you must refrain from judgments and criticisms. This is an very sensitive subject, and if you are here, it means you are possibly having thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Sometimes it can seem there is no other way out of the pain. If you want, you can also contact me (annie) if you need more support than you are receiving here or just need to talk. I've been there, so I understand those overwhelming feelings survivors can struggle with.

Please take care in the posts you read. You have to take responsibility for what you choose to read and what you post. You can always stop reading if something is upsetting you, or if you don't like what someone else is saying, rather than continuing to read and putting yourself through unnecessary pain.

We at S&F believe in life. We will not allow a discussion of suicide methods. Do not provide other members with knowledge on how to harm or terminate themselves in any way (this INCLUDES providing links to pro-suicide sites or pro-choice as some people like to call them).

Out of respect for other's feelings and trigger points, we ask that you avoid graphic details. It's okay to say you tried committing suicide, or feel like doing it, but do not say how you plan to do it, or how you went about trying to. This isn't something that will help you, and it certainly won't help anyone reading the post.

Being suicidal yourself does not give you the right to act how you want. Please bear this in mind before you post on the forum. People acting inappropriately will be banned if they cause problems for others.

Please do not post suicide notes on the forum as they will be deleted.

Lastly, please watch out for each other. Let us know if there are hurtful posts here that violate the rules. I appreciate so much those of you who post here and reach out to help others even though you are still in pain yourself. If there is ever anything I can do, please don't hesitate to contact me through the contact buttons throughout this site.
annie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Suicide/Self-harm/mutilation All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: