Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
How to Add a Poll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knelson
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: How to Add a Poll Reply with quote

To add a poll, when creating a new topic, you should see it down at the bottom below the checkboxes like "Attach Signature". If you do not see it, let me know and I'll try to fix that.

Once you see it, you add a question e.g.:

"Do you like this idea?"

Then, add a poll option

"yes"

Then, click "Add Option" button to the right of the Poll option you just typed...when the page reloads, add the second option "No".

then, click submit, and you're done.

Again, if you don't see the Add Poll section below your post, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Kevin
avalon140

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, I had read something like that yesterday but I just wasnt able to understand. Today I did not have any problem. Thanks
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." -Eleanor Roosevelt
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topic suggestions:

Perpetrator stuff (meaning perpetrators can post here to find help dealing with their specific issues)

revictimization

religious things

Also, in order for this topic thing to work, I'd say let's move around some topics to this tough topic place. That way it's got a good start and we get used to posting here,

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tim2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by perpetrator stuff? Do you mean like people who are survivors but they think they might start abusing or something like that? I suppose that would be ok but I dont think I would want a place for perpetrators to have here. I mean I know I am here but I dont post any of that sort of stuff and I dont think its right that anyone should do that stuff here even if they got their own area.

Im not sure what revictimization is?
esmerelda
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, revictimization is when a survivor goes through another abuse, either by the same abuser or by a different one. Esmerelda Confused
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean by perpetrator stuff Tim, is when someone wants to heal from having done those terrible things and needs to talk about it, there should be a place for that.

Right now, we're treating the perpetrators as if they are monsters. Well, someone who is not sorry about what he or she did, I suppose wouldn't be looking for a place to heal. I don't believe any of us are monsters and I think it must be awefully hard to know what you've done and not be able to talk about it.

I'd say it would help a lot to keep that stuff seperate, but I would like to see us help out ex-perpetrators.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tim2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I knew what you meant but I really didnt want to say that i was tryingto change the subject. I still dont think its a good idea.They do have some programs here in some prisons where the abusers meet their victims and have to talk to them and I think they said that is good to help them understand what they have done. But i dont think it can be like that on here and maybe perp isues are more different from survivor issues. I dont know I dont really feel i got any right to say about it but I dont like the idea.
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, you have as much right to say as any of is. We're each individuals and well, if you don't like the idea, you don't like it.

That doesn't necessarily change my point of view and I don't even know what Kevin's stance on this might be. He is after all the moderator here.

Ivonne
tim2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well It depends what perpetrator issues are i suppose and if survviors are able to help with them. i know its sort of the opposite sides of the same thing but that doesnt mean that survivors and perps can help each other. I sort of feel that if I mention my survvior issues I feel everyone thinks Im making excuses for my other stuff and I dont want to mention the other stuff here.

I found out before that people here mostly wanted to know why i did it well thats not a question I can to answer for myself even if it might be helpful to surviviors and why I did it doesnt mean that thats why anyone else did it. Also its like being sorry isnt a thing that you can ever prove to anyone its an inside yourself thing and when people keep on asking for proof that I am sorry and it isnt something I can make anyone believe in.

tim
knelson
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a topic for the issues of the perpetrators is not going to happen within this forum. It is something that annie would like to do, but if it ever happens it will probably be a completely different site...

As for topic suggestions...please make a "New Topic" for EVERY topic suggestion and add a poll. I don't have time to follow conversations. When I see a topic that looks interesting, I will look at the number of votes it has...Most of whether or not a topic exists will be based just on my opinion of the topic...but voting will help sway me if I don't particularly like a topic.

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Topic Suggestions All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: