Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
"Our House" a good thing or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is "Our House" worth keeping?
Yes, it's a valuable asset to the forum, I like it.
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
No, it's a waste of time and we should act like adults.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

carter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carter, if you want an explination fo rmy behavior, tell me and you'll get one but u can not come back with insults. if you truly had respect for me you wouldn't continue to call me names.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
carter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then stop calling me names. it hurts.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
carter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our house is a real wonder.

The little child in us is actually a very scary thing. I know it from my own struggles. For many years I was afraid from the little girl that was in me. I hated her, and when I first read about the inner child work, I thought it was not for me. Even worse. I thought it was shameful to believe in such things.

It's triggering because you come to the point where you are very, very vulnerable, admit it and learn to work and communicate with a wounded soul. At that point the wounded soul gets a friend for the very first time.

But survivors have managed and have learned to be very, very "strong".

This is the case where vulnerability is necessary. Where vulnerability is a value.

It takes courage to communicate with that little girl or boy because you have to be vulnerable in order to do it. No courage is needed to be strong when you deal with a little, scared kid. Courage is needed to be vulnerable.

Attacking people who have been strong enough to be vulnerable is cowardice.

Don't worry those who worry. No one needs self-professed saviors. Therapists will be left enough work to do but this place is survivors' holy land. Please don't touch it. You probably now the Bible legend that tells what happened to the people when they were afraid to enter the promised, holy land -- they had to stay in the wilderness for 40 years. One generation died.

We are looking for life, and healing. It seems that our house does the job.

Be well,
Mouse
carter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tgrrr10
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love "OUR HOUSE" it has been the home I love to come home to. Until last night. I was appauled and angered, more so, sad that the place I love to be had turned into an all out verbal war. I grew up in a house full of yelling, don't need it now..Which is why I asked that it be taken outside to a new thread. I think that Susie's idea of OUR BACKYARD is a great one.
Have a bone to pick with someone, take it outside!!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!!!

T

"No Day But Today" -Jonathan Larson

*everything will be okay in the end. if it's not okay, it's not the end.*
unknown
Iam
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Tgrrr. I saw that it had upset you but I wasn't able to respond to you at that time. I couldn't really do much of anything right then and I am sorry for that too.

But you know what? We proved one thing...we really are a family here, warts and all. No family exists without some conflict but we all came together and resolved the issue, I am proud of the way that was done.

I understand what carter is saying too, I still want to come to the house but I don't think I have an inner child, I think I am my own inner child. Problem with that is....my inner child is much older than anybody elses and wants to act like the responsible older brother....sometimes not a good thing because that isn't what is needed there.

So, what I have decided to do is just not come into our house unless I am in the right frame of mind to play and to just be silly and goofy and fun, like I used to be before all these grown up issues came up. I will take my grownup stuff somewhere else. That's all I can do.

And Carter? I hope to see you around the other parts of the forum, I enjoy talking to you. I think you have alot to contribute and you really do have a good heart, I can see that. I am sorry that you were so triggered the other night, that must have really sucked for you.

Ok, now the good news.....we got a whole BUTTLOAD OF NEW SNOW!!!!!
I am unable to resist the lure of fresh powder so I will be out freezing my uhuh off and having a great day....I hope everybody else has a great day too.
Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter, in my real life I often face situations when other people choose ways and methods for solving their problems and meeting their needs that I can't understand. I think it's the same with everyone.

If so many people have chosen the OUR HOUSE and inner child thing then it does something good to them.

There are so many ways to heal. Some people choose therapists and counsellors, there are very many schools to choose from. Some find their peace in different religions. Some write journals and paint. Some meditate. Some take a bit from everything. If the method other people choose is not suitable for you, it doesn't mean it's nonsense.

I have come to learn that I can benefit from approaches that in the beginning seemed very odd for me. You never know where healing can lead you. Healing is also about going into the unknown, leaving fears behind and taking a risk. It can be triggering at times. I've read a lot experiences about the inner child work. They differ from person to person but this approach does a lot of good as it is a way to get connection with your soul. And it is one of the first steps of healing.

One therapist said that the problem was not of a damaged psyche but of a disconnected soul.

May be this approach doesn't work very well for men. I don't know, it's only an assumption. But there should be something that works for you. May be you'd like to share?

Mouse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Open for Debate All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: