Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
God and religion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in God?
yes
65%
 65%  [ 30 ]
no
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
a little
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
not sure
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

baypoint

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think in America, we pass on the right, simply to be different from Britain!! Laughing At least, that's what I was taught in grade-school...us poor ignorant Americans...it's bred into us, I'm afraid.
carter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but where does the enlightenment come in with the self-interest.
In my opinion it stems from knowing that we are not individuals or tribes, we are all part of the same human race. It stems from knowing that survival for mankind hinges on all of us making it, not just a select few, not just the "chosen" ones.

Indeed, denying people their right to live is a hazardous proposition in a world where nuclear arms are proliferate, where people don't hesitate to fly an airplane into a building to make a point.

In this day and age, humankind has a better chance of survival if we share the resources we have, rather than try to keep it for one specific tribe, be they the lefty's or righty's...

Knowing, feeling, experiencing that we are indeed one, that is what enlightenment is.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
carter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by carter on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is I'm all for it... But I fear that altruism is supposed to be selflessness, not caring about ones self, but caring about others exclusively. My chances of survival and happiness increase when I promote that of others... It's mine I care about, more than anybody elses, sorry to say... I call that selfishness.

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: I may be... Reply with quote

Wow, what a topic, I see how involved the discussion has become and I can't possiblly read each relpy but I do want to give mine.

I don't follow any religious teaching as some of you know, but I have had spriritual experiences and been prexy to what I can describe as contact with God energy. I feel God energy is both male and female, we are both and that's the sence I got when I felt and still feel into God/spirit.

I've recently had a Kundilini awakening (life force awakening) and it involved alot of different elements both in my body and my mind as well as the expanded picture (outside myself) it lasted one month and in that time I experienced insights and connections that energised me and helped me to percive more of what universal law might be.

I experienced a balence between evolution and creation. They weren't cancelling each other out at all. I have in the past been so down and ready to end it and at those moments I have felt myself needing to ask why? my life is like it is... the answers I got were

"because there are things your spirit needs to learn and if I fix it for you, you aren't able to grow."
I felt this answer came from both my higher consiousness as well as something outside of me and we weren't really separate, yet I had individual mind and body.....?????? I love connection, I love what I experience as God and I feel a partnership between myself and this higher power. I can hate it and love it and grow into myself and it's aim is to let me so I can find my own answers.

Namaste lordy.
liat Very Happy

Being real brings real results - Liat
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see...I don't get that and I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I may sound like it but that's because I'm...pissy and disconnected with myself right now but I'm not meaning any harm.

I don't understand how that could happen. I don't beleive in any Higher thing. Kind of like i don tbelieve in entities or demons. Well, i mean not ones that take over your body and all that crap. I dont believe in it. My cousin tyler does...So, i agreed to take a trip when we're older to go to the seven gates of hell. We chose Stull Kansas as the first one. then the place they talk about in Silent Hill. I'm gonna go in there and provoke the "spirit"...

I just don't beleive in it. All I see on tv and hear from others sounds like nothing but a bunch of bull crap. Again, I am not meaning to sound rude or anything...That's just what i believe. I think I need to be quiet before I do make someone mad. If i have, I am truly truly sorry and I'll do anything to take it back.

Tasha

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
liat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: it's all just experience Reply with quote

Hi,

You didn't offend me. I just expierence these things and where I can and need to, I ask for further understanding from spirit. I've seen what bliss can come from connection with myself and God energy and I ache for life in that space inside.

One caution if I may, I don't think provoking the dark realms is a good idea, especially since you don't know alot about them. I understand you don't believe in that stuff, but if they do exist on a different plane of existence, it's my experience to leave them be.

Ask ppl questions, find out some other way what could be out there. Explore your inner 'Self' and that will lead you to understanding further about this God concept. I am here to answer any questions if you have any.

take care and blessings Wink

Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only provoking the "devil"...not too big of a risk there... Rolling Eyes It just seems so dumb that they say places are haunted and a gate to hell. I'm going probably have to be attacked or possessed or something before i believe in any of that stuff.

Look at my inner self? no...it's scary and dark and sorta demonic in there....and no that's not proof of demons or anything.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
liat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: still Reply with quote

Can I share an experience??

These concepts of good and evil have exisited in every religious belief from the beginning of time, tribal cultures too and these elements have a place in our personalities as well. No one can be without dark and light. It's in my belief that it's about balencing out these elements and not dismissing them
that allows for growth.

The devil is a very powerful concept wether or not dark realms exist. You sound really angery, almost prokoved into fight mode (like come get me!! I'll fight and we will see who wins) I undertand this need to test bounderies, I understand that anger too and if you want I can support you to find a balence. Inside us is a world of answers and we can get so much reward from going through the feeling of darkness, pain anger. It does feel like Hell' it's true.

take care,
liat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Open for Debate All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: