Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
Family IS a problem for me...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Family IS a problem for me... Reply with quote

Because I don't have one. I learned a valuable lesson today, just because you live with someone and they treat you nicely, doesn't mean they consider you family. Barbara had family over today for thanksgiving. We have been getting ready for this for a week now, and I've helped with the cleaning and shopping and all of the stuff that comes with it. Great, that's my job so it's not a big deal. Today she asked me to set the table for her. And of course I was happy to do it. I asked how many settings we needed and she told me we needed 7. Like a complete dumbass I assumed that one of those was for me. WRONG! I didn't bother counting people and when it was time to eat I sat down in my regular seat. Barbara leaned over and whispered to me that I was supposed to have my dinner in the kitchen and that I could watch tv if I wanted and then I should be ready to clean up. I just wish she had made it clear to me before hand so I wouldn't have embarrassed myself. I felt like a complete #$# but I guess that's what I get for making assumptions.

I couldn't even eat my dinner, I put it down the disposal and went to my room. I wanted to cry so badly but I didn't because I didn't want people wondering what I was crying about. I've been lonely before but this really brought it home to me that this is probably what my future looks like. Being alone. It sucks. I don't want anybody's pity, I just needed to vent and now I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep, that way it will be out of my system by tomorrow.

I hope everyone else had a nice thanksgiving though. I really do.
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is cold...

I thought thanksgiving was about sharing.

I wish you lived close so I could invite you for christmas. I celebrate Christmas on the fourth day of christmas so everyone has their family-stuff out of the way and can join my party.

You'll develope your own traditions and believe me, there are many many people who are in the same situation as you are, no family to speak of or no contact. You won't always be alone.

hugs,

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ivonne, and Merry Christmas to you. *hug*

Any suggestions on how to avoid having the same sort of debacle for Christmas? I was planning on just staying in my room but I'm not sure what the plan is and I don't want to go through that again.
kygirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by kygirl on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Flyingwithgrace
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could afford to Beth, I really do. But maybe your family wouldn't be comfortable with some stray hanging around anyway so it's probably for the best. It's a lovely offer though. *hugs*
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that old woman gets a very nasty look from me! what a biatch.
sorry.

*hug* Don't....hmm i'm sorry she did that to you. That's not right. I don't like that. *hug* hmmm....i actually dunno what to say to help. *hug* i'm sorry, Codiebug. I love you.

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a good look around you Codie, there are others who are in a similar situation. Find them, search them out, plan an alternative Christmas party...

If you can't find anyone in your immediate surroundings, think about volunteering at a homeless shelter of foodstation...

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
suz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyingwithgrace, that seems so wrong to me that she did that to you. I don't have a good feeling about her. If she could've included you, why didn't she? What kind of person does that? You're not her servant but it seems she treated you like that.

That sort of thing happens to me all the time, and it's a really horrible feeling. Everyone always pushes me to the side and treats me like I'm insignificant, yet they act friendly to me otherwise. They could act like we're really close to me, even, then just completely forget about me. Like I'm just thei prostitute or a hired friend.
I don't know what it is about me. Guess I'm just perceived as scum or something. I wish I knew what was wrong with me so I could fix it or change it, but no one tells me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Family Problems All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: