Support Groups in New England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Parents, Partners, and Loved Ones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Support Groups in New England Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am the partner of a sexual abuse survivor. I am trying to learn to deal with everything, and hoping that their may be support groups in my area. Does anyone know of a group in New England? I'm willing to travel wherever necessary.
annie
S&F Prez
S&F Prez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groups for partners are difficult to find. You may look for a 12 step group for survivors contact number and see if they have any for partners. Barring that, even a group like Al-Anon may help. So many symptoms are similar especially since many survivors do have addictions of some sort. There are a number of books on the subject as well that you can find on our site. There are probably more since we made our list which you could do further research at amazon.com.

The main thing is taking care of yourself while trying to support a loved one. You can't do the work for her/him. But you can let them know you are there and want to help, and to let you know what they need from you so you don't beat your head against the wall trying to figure out what to do for them. There will be different needs at different times. You can't push or keep asking. Once a person knows you are there, care and wiling to support, and knows they are required to ask specially for what they need and when, it will help a lot in the relationship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Parents, Partners, and Loved Ones All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: