Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
God and religion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in God?
yes
65%
 65%  [ 30 ]
no
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
a little
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
not sure
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

chsy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I think it's worth alot. That's your internal voice and love is definitely a prize worth living for. Something I read recently:

If you were to liken the colour white to you and assign all other emotions to the spectrum, ie. passion - red, depression - blue, etc. Then according to this the white light holding all of the colours can reflect you as a part of the capability of every emotion.

Choice is such a definite responsibility.
RoseThorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Christ Jesus IS Reply with quote

I cannot speak for anyone else. For me, the Lord is real. He is different than what mainstream preaches and pushes, and what I grew up in. I have had some tremendous spiritual experiences that cannot be naturally explained. One thing I learned is that there spirits that seek to devour- particularly those who are seeking out Jesus Christ. Since I can remember, I have been very aware of a spiritual battle in my life. The closer one gets to the Truth, the harder the battle with those life draining spirits. There will always be the battle between flesh and spirit. Those who endure unto the end shall be saved, and with the understanding that it is Christ IN you that is the hope of glory.

I have been weak in my flesh, and I have been allowing it to control me instead of me controlling it. I believe that we should have pleasure in our lives- a balance of things. In my case right now, I have allowed my life to get out of balance, which has allowed those same haunting spirits to come calling. I have beat myself up because of some past spiritual choices. Yes. I made some choices. I put the Lord on hold for different reasons, so he is allowing me to suffer at my own hands- which opens me up to the spirits of the world. I know this sounds deep and maybe too deep for some, but really- we have choices in our lives, even after others' wills have been imposed upon us.

Many people are disgusted with religion and spiritual talk because of the way the world has portrayed and perverted the Word of God. But, I found that if I seek Him for myself in all genuineness and sincerity, He will honor his word. I simply need to learn to quit beating myself up and listening to these negative spirits that would love nothing more than to destroy me one morsel at a time.

Rose Thorn
Lexa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe in God. But during the time I was abused I didn't. I thought that if God existed why didn't he answer my prayers and end the abuse. But when I had blocked my memories I became a Christian and I am completely sure that He exists. But with my returning memories the only thing I now struggle with is prayer and have been sceptical about the whole prayer issue.
But I have to reccommend going to a Church and hearing what they say. As someone who doesn't believe in love between people as a result of my childhood. The knowledge that God loves me is the ONLY reason I am alive today.
Marmor
newbie 1st class
newbie 1st class

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in a personal deity, ala "he knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!" I don't think that there is a deity who takes requests.
TheMistake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: I dont Reply with quote

I dont believe. i wish i did but all i think about when i do start believing is WHY? Why did he let this happen to me. Before i was molested i believed hard core i would pray why it was happening and he never saved me! But i do think that believing in something makes life eiser for people.
rosannarmiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: I Believe in God Reply with quote

I don't need to explain why I believe in Him because I am not interesting in getting anyone else to believe in MY God. I believe in Him because He is everything Beautiful and Wonderful. He is Love, Joy, Peace, Salvation, etc. And anything or anyone set on destroying Him (when they say they don't believe He even exists) is proof in itself to me.

I have been attacked for my belief in Jesus! MY BELIEF!!! Not because I did anything to them or something they know about me but by what I believe! That baffles and amuses me to no end. I still believe in Him! He has always been for me, unlike people in the world. And when I am blessed with friends, I know where they come from. All Good things come from God!

If you did believe in God at one time and now don't, may I ask you something...I am curious, what (if anything) has changed for you?

Blessings everyone! <3
rosannarmiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont Reply with quote

[quote="TheMistake"]I dont believe. i wish i did but all i think about when i do start believing is WHY? Why did he let this happen to me. Before i was molested i believed hard core i would pray why it was happening and he never saved me! But i do think that believing in something makes life eiser for people.[/quote]

Believing can be hard and I understand why people don't believe at times. For instance I understand where you are coming from, I have been there and feel your pain. But if God didn't exist I guarantee you there would be no one who cared at all. Believing has not made things easier for me, I don't understand why people think that. If that were true, wouldn't everyone believe?

Jesus understands because of all he went through. He willingly went through it and laid down so we would not be alone. He is my Comforter and Shelter when the enemy breaks in. They can kill my body but God holds my life in His hands and they cannot touch that!

Blessings Love. <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Open for Debate All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: