Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
healthy coping skills

View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you have healthy coping skills
yes i have some
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no i don't have any
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

phoenix soul
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: healthy coping skills Reply with quote

i'm cheating, my t said not to use my sites but i just couldn't think of a healthy coping skill on my own, so if anyone can give me some ideas on healthy coping skills i'd really apperciate it. the only healthy coping skill i can think of is i haven't c*t in a while now.

phoenix
ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Hun the most healthy coping skill you have is seeking assistance from this board.

She's asking you about your coping skills: what do you do when the tension get's too much to bear? You go on here and tell your story, right? You ask for help even or to sit in our house and just be safe there for a while.

This is what you might tell your T. Your best coping skill is writing to the boards.

I'm not sure I have any other coping skills. Writing here and talking to others in real life helps me make sense of things and not feel alone.

good luck with your t.
Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onyx248

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Phoenix,

Hopefully she just ment that she wants you to start learning more. So that way you can come here when needed, or have another one to help you when you can't get here.

I'm very proud of you for not using that other coping skill. That shows how much strength you have.

Try making a list of things you could do..... letting out your words here, drawing, squeezing & playing with play-doh. Things for you to help (to some extent) release those thoughts & feelings

(((Phoenix))) you are stronger than you think. Yeah its shocking, but I see that, someday you will too.

Onyx
phoenix soul
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Onyx
thanks for reminding me of some of the healthy coping skills you have taught me, like the playdoh and the drawing i had forgotten all about those, even though i just used the playdoh last night~~thursday night, and i'll probably end up using it tonight as well. i had forgotten all about those ones.

hi Ivonne
i find it very difficult to talk in person, just ask Onyx, but i can talk on here i think it's because on the computer you can't see my emotions you can't see if i am about ready to fall apart or not. it's a way of hiding for me so i can release some of it a little at a time, like i plan on doing soon i have lots in my head. but yeah i'm going to try to talk to my t about my sites again i'd show her what i'm talking about but her office has a block on going to sites somehow i don't quite understand it.

phoenix
lightandsound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Ever since I can remember, I somehow used sleeping as my way out and it does work! It can be a drug and I am trying to stop myself from having afternoon naps! I used to sleep upto 4 hours; it is now about an hour!

That probably does not sound like a healthy one and not a easy one if you find you can't sleep!

I have also found that cross stitching is a great way to cope!

I used to find writing to aid, but that has become a no-no because it gets me depressed!

Suzanne
phoenix soul
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Light
i sleep alot too, when i can. i can't sleep at night but i can normallysleep during the day. something about sleeping at night scares me, maybe it's because of what my f*th*r did to me at night i don't know. and i don't have the patient for cross stitching i don't even know what it is. i've heard of it before.

ghost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Topic Suggestions All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: