Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
The American health care system

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the American health care system working?
The American health care system is failing miserably.
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
The American health care system is the best thing out there.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I've seen better.
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

ivonne
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: The American health care system Reply with quote

GRIN... I have little to say about this topic, except that from what I've seen it is not doing a very good job of promoting HEALTH among the American people...

Hence my poll question...

Ivonne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tboy85

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the U.S a few years ago with my family to visit relatives and my little sister got sick, next we know we get this massive bill from the hospital of like 1700 dollars, I was like wtf? Canada's heath care system has its issues I am well aware of that but the U.S system has some chronically fatal flaws.
Heretic_Ang3L

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say failing miserably. I'm most fed up with the personal treatment patients recieve from doctors.
COOLMAMA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lived in the U. S. my entire life, and can honestly say that our healthcare system sucks!!!! I work for the Department of Mental Health, it sucks. Americans need to take more personal responsibility for managing there healthcare. Over here we are so busy that everything needs to be done quickly, including fixing ailments. We just want a quick fix, never mind tring to solve the underling problems. Very few of care to dig deeper and take time to know what is going on with us.
Rosie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you seriously asking this question ivonne? lol. jeesh.

IT IS A GIANT FAILURE!

Almost scary isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
COOLMAMA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality can you really even call it a healthcare system? no two people have the same plan. It really is an embarrassment:oops:
iwasfour

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Health Care? System? MMMMM?
is'nt this an oxymoron? or would that be a Paradox?
Well considering that an oz of protection is worth a pound of cure? than everyone in this sytem must have their heads shoved firmly between their nether regions if they actually thinkthis will work. mental health leads to physical health. this is not a country to become sick in.
teh system has failed everyone who doesn't have money.
'FAILURE'
Publius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: A Staggering Problem Reply with quote

Don't want to link anything per forum rules but there are a ton of studies out there (use google) to support the assertion that the whole system is broken. Around 40% of citizens have no insurance because employers aren't required by the federal government to offer it and personal coverage is prohibitively expensive for many middle class families in the US. My wife and I are lucky to have health, dental, optical, through her job. However, you can't just GO to a doctor. You have to go to your plan doctor, which is usually an incompetent boob. Hospitals actually re-route patients based on whether they have insurance, and what kind. Federal assistance consists of paying partial costs for prescriptions, and only if you live WELL below the poverty line and are also permanently disabled. Various programs are offered by individual states, but most focus on low-income single-parent families with young kids. Mental health is a joke. They throw pills at you and cross their fingers. If you attempt suicide you get 3 days tied up in solitary confinement, not counseling. Depressed? If you have insurance you're lucky if the policy covers even basic counseling. Funny, though - it usually covers 100% for depression meds. A staggering amount of tax dollars go into medicaire, medicaide, and social security, which for the most part only benefit the elderly - and these programs can't begin to provide adequate care for that minority segment of the population. Finally, every politician can tell you the system is broken but they all squabble over who to fork over more cash to - drug or insurance companies. All this while many parents work two jobs, 80+ hours a week, just to pay for daycare. Their children go uninsured and live with sniffles and coughs 9 months out of the year because they can barely afford food, gas, and other bills, let alone junior's $90 doctor visit down at the "Urgent Care" where no actual doctor works - just nurses. YARG! I QUIT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> Open for Debate All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: