Community Forums
Forum Index FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister
It's role is to challenge

View previous topic :: View next topic  

has race between people become so hard to seperate out from that we can no longer identify as just all human?
we can often lose healthy perseption when aspects to something get mixed together so much.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
We must work towards a connection simply as human beings, rather then dividing ourselves too much.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

liat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: It's role is to challenge Reply with quote

Hello,

I just watched an interesting film called Bamboozled, directed by Spike Lee. It left a big impression on me and a deep apprication for the history of African Americans. It's politically incorrect but delieves great points about the oppression shown to them as a people. I've always seen oppression of any find as a powerful opportunity to those being oppressed.

Having come from a Jewish family, the Holocast was something I grow up knowing about, my grandfather (mum's father) lost his entire family, extended and immidiate in the camps. Out of 11 brotheres and sisters he was the only survivor. There are other things, though they are disturbing and might upset people, so if you want to know, I can write PM's to those interested.

I watched this movie and saw how as a people they transformed hatered by enriching a culture. Music, art, dance, political involvment, dying litrally to be heard. I felt a connection to that crying out. Taking derogatory statements and claiming them as something to banned together in. Stuggling to identify as just human, rather then a different colour that's caused seperation in sociaty. I recommend this film, but warn it can upset in parts.

light,

liat M.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    S&F's Forum Index -> General Issues All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: